Monday, February 18, 2008

Stockholm Design Week



images - Core77

I'm a little slow off the mark with this one, but last week Core77 posted a great little wrap up of Stockholm Design Week... They have some lovely photos up and will post the entire gallery soon. I love the shots of busy festival-goers rushing past the camera lens... makes me imagine I am sitting there in person - notebook in hand, rugged up with a warm coffee, enjoying the people watching, and eavesdropping on conversations in languages I can't understand... aahh. I think I'm in need of a change of scenery...

Amongst many standouts of the festival, Core77 point out 10 Swedish Designers - an organisation that, according to the article, formed in 1970 because the wider industry thought their work was "un-saleable, too advanced and non-commercial". These days their bold printed fabrics and wallpapers are in demand... the gorgeous pram above is their design.

0 comments:

Post a Comment